For Sale: Off Grid Oceanfront Home Near Knight Inlet
Remote paradise: Unique west-coast home and 2-cabins (Chatham Channel Lodge) in Vancouver, waiting for you to continue running this idyllic eco-tourism business: fishing, kayak, bed and breakfast, or retreat venture. Boat or plane access only. The current owner has enjoyed the last 10-years also using the property as her personal retreat, but is aging and now looking for her next adventure. This is a turnkey venture with appliances, furnishings, and many extras to remain, as owner will only remove her personal effects.
DETAILS: Over 2-acres of oceanfront for $185000.00
Commercial lease of crown land and foreshore. (Payable to the Ministry of Lands and Forests yearly $5,068.29 for 2015). Taxes: $428.54 for 2015
- New 100' dock, pier, & ramp with breakwater in 2013 ($60,000.00 cost).
- 2-self-contained cabins with propane appliances
- 2-shops: one fully enclosed and one covered to include ATV/quad parking
- 2 woodsheds (to hold total of 10-cords)
- Miscellaneous out buildings.
- The Minstrel Island Post Office & Gift Gallery attached to house See below: Revenue Opportunity - Beautiful, well-maintained grounds with benches, picnic tables, and fire pits.
- Productive garden including raspberry, strawberry, and flower gardens.
HOUSE: 1440 sq. ft. cedar board and batten with metal roof.
- Open concept kitchen, living, and dining with channel view.
- 2 bedroom with additional loft sleeping quarters.
- 4-piece bath including a glass door to private covered deck with channel view.
- Freezer/mudroom/storage room.
- Hobby room could function as an additional bedroom.
- Propane appliances: stove, fridge, and hot water tank, wood stove heat.
- Washer/dryer and pantry area.
- Front deck facing channel and back covered deck.
- Yanmar generator, Pro Mariner inverter, and battery bank of 8-batteries.
There is the potential to transfer Post Office job to new owner following the application process including criminal record check. Post Office sufficiently covers lease, taxes, and more. (Approx. $1,000.00/month) A long-term rental for one cabin (a couple nights a week) is currently in place and could continue if new owner is amenable. Fishing and logging crews, along with walk in rentals have sustained the current owner with no advertising.
17' Hourston with 90hp Yamaha and 16' Lund with 30hp Yamaha are negotiable.